Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_3_] The Medway Handyman[_3_] is offline

Default Trying to fit a Shower Screen over a bath.

Mick. wrote:
Hi again Dave,
Thank you for your help.
I have also now found instead of a left and right hand wall bracket
there are two left hand ones, so it will not fit anyhow!

Should they still take it back if I do not have the original
packaging? It was dustbin day when I opened it and I binned it!
I do have all the parts.

They might try to wriggle, but IMO you are entitled to throw away packaging.
If it didn't have incorrect bits you wouldn't need to take it back.

My SIL bought a bathroom suite from B&Q (against my advice). The cold basin
tap dripped, so I removed it & she took it back. A B&Q droid tried to say
she had to bring the pair back.

After she had told him that a plumber had to be paid to remove it & would
have to be paid to refit it (not actually true, I did it) and asked if they
were happy to meet the cost, he changed his mind.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Mick.

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...

I'd want £45/55 to do the job. Cheaper to take it back to B&Q, tell
them its a pile of poo & upgrade to one of their 4 fold jobbies. They fit
into a channel on the wall - dead easy & allows for 'out of
square'. --
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk