Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water damage from refrigerant?

I should know this number, but can't think of it off hand. The boiling
temperature of R-22 is about 44 degrees below zero. Somewhat similar
to propane. The refrigerant in a home AC system is a gas, when
released. Same deal with R410a "Puron", but Puron operates at much
higher pressures.

As others have written, water is available in the system as condensate
from the evaporator.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mm" wrote in message
Is home air conditioning refrigerant a liquid or a gas at normal air
pressure? I'm sure it's a gas, yet someone online claims,
"Furthermore, because the unit was installed incorrectly, refridgerant
leaked all over our basement floor, causing water damage."