Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

As I understand it, the folks leaving Jerusalem went west. But, I
could be mistaken. I've never really asked.

Evidence. Well, here's one of 10,600 hits on Google.
http://www.fairlds.org/Book_of_Mormo..._Mormon.htm l

As to women and cows, all the women I've met in the LDS church are
very well treated.

From what I've read of your posts, you, Steve, are a special type of
person, fondly called Ex-Mo. When a person leaves the LDS / Mormon
church, they tend to get bitter, and antagonistic. Which you display
rather nicely.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

Let's start with the people being instructed to leave Jerusalem
because it
was to be destroyed. They were instructed to go east (to China) and
build
boats and sail east to the New World. After they got to the New
World, they
established a new civilization where people numbered "as the grains of
sand
on the beach". This should have been the predecessors of the American
Indians. In the Book of Mormon, Jesus came and preached to them
during the
three days between the time he died and reappeared on earth.

Trouble is, when genetic studies were done of 350 North/South American
tribes, the result were 95% Siberian/Mongolian descent, and 5%
European/African. There were no descendents with DNA that linked to
the
middle east where these refugees were to have come from.

You have the Book Of Mormon paraphrased in the previous two
paragraphs.
The rest is plagiarized Bible, with bible verses quoted in entirety or
in
context or in essence.

After the American Indians challenged the Book of Mormon, Mormons
claimed
that God had the ability to alter all the DNA evidence, and did so.
Very
interesting study on the modern DNA studies of the origin of the
American
continents indigenous populations.

The Jewish community has also had run ins with the Mormons who were
baptizing the dead from the holocaust in proxy (google that), and have
several times asked them to stop, with little results, but who knows
what
goes on behind those temple walls. Baptism for the dead is a ceremony
where
a dead person is allowed to be brought into heaven by having a living
Mormon
proxy baptized in their sacred temple, and brought out of Purgatory,
or
whatever holding pen, and into heaven if they accept the Book of
Mormon and
Joseph Smith. Of course, they are brought into the Mormon faith, and
not
Judaism.

Mormons also believe that women cannot get into heaven on their own,
but
have to be brought through a curtain by their husbands with a secret
name
that was given to them during their temple sealing for time and
eternity
sealing.
Women in Mormon culture are one step above a cow.

Plus, there has been not one shard of pot, or arrowhead, or
archaeological
proof that these New World people ever populated the New World, yet
they
were "as numerous as grains of sand on the beach" and had extensive
cities
and trade routes.

It's like Christianity. You just have to take it on faith, but at
least
Christians have SOME archaeological proof.

It's all a reach, except in some cases, it is an extreme stretch.

Steve