Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default wring 50 conductor cable

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 00:54:15 -0700, Rich Grise
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:28:38 -0700, rangerssuck wrote:
On Oct 29, 2:04*am, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:

[snippage]

* * * * Do you mean "ring" out? *(The old way, before voltage sensitive
semiconductor devices, involved a battery, a long wire, and an electric
doorbell or buzzer -- thus the "ring". "Wring out" sounds like you
are trying to get rid of water from it.

[more snippage]

Thanks for that - it was like fingernails on a blackboard when I read
it. When people ask me what I do for a living (I sometimes wonder
myself), I often tell them I'm a master wire untangler.

Actually, each works in its own way. I had to "wring" out a cable in an
F-4 Phantom jet. I was sitting in the cockpit, and there was a guy under
the plane at the other end of the cable, and a third guy off to the side
who would shout out which wire to check.

Kinda like wringing out a problem? :-)

I've also heard "buzz it out."

Cheers!
Rich