Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default OT Electricity Generation

On Oct 29, 12:21*pm, Tim Streater wrote:
In article
,
*"Man at B&Q" wrote:

On Oct 29, 6:57*am, (Steve Firth) wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 28/10/2010 21:53, Steve Firth wrote:

On 2010-10-27, Tim * wrote:

nickel. Everything heavier than that comes from supanova explosions.

Supernova.

ITYM Supernovae

Umm no, "explosions" is the plural here, also supernovae is deprecated
with supernovas being preferred.

You're welcome.

I did not use explosions...

Yes, I agree, you got it wrong. Never mind, better luck next time.

Err, no. Replace "supernova explosions" with "supernovae" and
everything is fine.

You're welcome, no charge.

I say, d'you mind? I said, originally, "supanova explosions". Ignoring
the typo as trivial, it should be obvious I was using the noun
"supernova" as an adjective, something we do in English all the time.

Yes, you were correct, and I wasn't responding to you.

I was meerly pointing out that it would also be correct to say
"supernovae". No one (excepth the voice in Mr Firth's head) said
"supernovae explosions".

MBQ