Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Framing a wall around electrical panel

On Oct 28, 1:11*pm, Borrall Wonnell wrote:
On Oct 28, 3:44*pm, Roy wrote:

On Oct 28, 11:22*am, Borrall Wonnell wrote:
==
Google it.
==

I did 'Google it'...and found nothing useful. *Then I searched the
histories of this group looking for similar posts.
Finally I decided to post a question and got some very useful
suggestions, none of which were readily available via a standard web
search.
In turn, I try and respond with suggestions when there are questions
in an area where I have some experience.

Groups like this thrive when people have meaningful discussions. *Your
posts, on the other hand, do nothing to advance the group.

==
The last time I encountered the same situation as yours, I built a big
box around the electrical panel and I could easily remove the metal
box cover and access the wiring and breakers entering and leaving the
panel, The box extended out from the wall about 10 inches or so and
the front had a small frame around it. I just slipped a loose panel
into the frame and loosely attached it with a couple of small clear
plastic turnbuttons. Since the cover was of the same material as the
wallboard it fit in perfectly. I wish that I could include a drawing.
If an inspector was coming I just removed the front cover and
voila...an open accessible box for his inspection. Anyway, it passed.
==