Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Hinge(s) or ???

On 10/28/2010 4:44 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/28/2010 3:08 PM, Puddin' Man wrote:
Hinge(s) or ???

Working on a little organizer. Shaped like a simple miniature bookcase,
2 sides, 2 shelves, about 15" square with depth of 5".

It is designed to have a 'door' over the lower shelf. Such door will fit
inside the lower shelf dimensions and I am having trouble figuring what
kind of hinge(s) would be appropriate.

Thinking the 'door' *could* sorta fold into the upper part of the lower
shelf if I could gind the right hinges.

Ever see something like this that folds up kinda like the front of a
roll-top desk or certain bread-boxes? Involves mounting runners in
upper part of shelf. Know what the hinge/runners are called? I'm
brain-locked. Tried the Rockler catalog, didn't see anything that
really filled the bill.

Flipper door hinges?

Read your question again and you could also be referring to tambour doors.

You generally see these in "appliance garages" in kitchens.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010