Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Hinge(s) or ???

On 10/28/2010 3:08 PM, Puddin' Man wrote:
Hinge(s) or ???

Working on a little organizer. Shaped like a simple miniature bookcase,
2 sides, 2 shelves, about 15" square with depth of 5".

It is designed to have a 'door' over the lower shelf. Such door will fit
inside the lower shelf dimensions and I am having trouble figuring what
kind of hinge(s) would be appropriate.

Thinking the 'door' *could* sorta fold into the upper part of the lower
shelf if I could gind the right hinges.

Ever see something like this that folds up kinda like the front of a
roll-top desk or certain bread-boxes? Involves mounting runners in
upper part of shelf. Know what the hinge/runners are called? I'm
brain-locked. Tried the Rockler catalog, didn't see anything that
really filled the bill.

Flipper door hinges?

--
www.e-woodshop.net