Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default wring 50 conductor cable

On Oct 28, 2:43*pm, Karl Townsend
Anyway, I remember somebody had a quick and nifty way to wring out
wires when you have both ends of a cable without markings. How, again?
Karl

There were several ways. Mine:

Determine the outer covering and wire strip lengths for your
connectors.

When you strip the wires only pull the insulation a short ways,
leaving it on the wire so it doesn't fray but you have access to buzz
them out.

Label one end 1 - 50. Also put on the J or P numbers while it's easy.
I used Rhino printable heatshrink sleeving when the company demanded
and paid for it.

Connect your buzzer to 1 and find the match on the other end. Label it
and fold it back.

Repeat for 2 - 50.

jsw