Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Sorta On Topic - Vice Needs...

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
How much taller do you need. That link shows a wood vise and has screw
holes in the jaw plates typical of wood vises I've seen and used to fix
jaw plates. Most I've seen used by wood workers have wooden jaws fitted to
the metal jaw plates so can you make a set and extend them higher.

That's option #2... Put some "extenders" on there... But I'd rather simply
have a short and a tall wood vize.

(That special spelling was for Tim Wescott's pleasure.)

Maybe just a bigger wood vise, do the jaws get taller as they get
wider?. Regarding the spelling my UK dictionary gives it as "vise" or
"vice" in US English, I'm in the UK. BTW I lived in the US for 12 years
and grew up there from an early age and having moved back to the UK had
to learn some new words, pronunciations, and usage but had the benefit
of UK parents. Still took years to get over mentioning garbage cans,
sidewalks, parking lots, etc, I still slip up occasionally.