Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Sorta On Topic - Vice Needs...

On 10/28/2010 01:44 PM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
How much taller do you need. That link shows a wood vise and has screw
holes in the jaw plates typical of wood vises I've seen and used to fix
jaw plates. Most I've seen used by wood workers have wooden jaws fitted to
the metal jaw plates so can you make a set and extend them higher.

That's option #2... Put some "extenders" on there... But I'd rather simply
have a short and a tall wood vize.

(That special spelling was for Tim Wescott's pleasure.)

Did it get by your spell checker :-) ?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services