Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_3_] The Medway Handyman[_3_] is offline

Default Trying to fit a Shower Screen over a bath.

Mick. wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Does the screen fit into a channel - the channel being fixed to the
wall? Is it a hinged or folding screen?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Hi Dave,
There are two hinges that are screwed to the wall, the
screen is in one piece opening from the hinges.

In that case, as GB said, you might well have a problem if the wall/bath are
out of square. You will also need some pretty strong fixings.

The main problem is getting the sealing strip to fit over the edge of
the screen, and getting the hinges screwed to the wall in the correct
place no measurements are given so it can only be by offering the
screen to the hinges and marking the positions.

Silicone lubricant helps a lot with that, or furniture polish.

But I seem to need 3 hands to be able to do that!

Make a template from card or scrap wood & use that to mark the wall.

What would be the sort of charge to fit it if I can find someone
local to me?

I'd want £45/55 to do the job. Cheaper to take it back to B&Q, tell them
its a pile of poo & upgrade to one of their 4 fold jobbies. They fit into a
channel on the wall - dead easy & allows for 'out of square'.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk