Posted to alt.home.repair

Default solar panel

On Oct 28, 10:54*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

I'd be interested in seeing any hard facts about exactly how the Mall
of America, in it's entirety, is heated. * From what I've found from a
bit of googling, as claimed, it does not have a "central heating
system". * I've also seen it stated that it uses solar heating, ie
skylights for the "common areas". * But that leaves the majority of
the mall, ie ALL the store floor space, which is probably 90%+ of the
project. * How is that heated? * Do we know that each store does not
have it's own conventional heating system? * And whatever is heating
those stores, with wide open doors to the common area, a lot of the
common area heating is obviously coming from the stores.

You googled but you didn't read the Wikipedia page?

"Mall of America has a gross area of 4,200,000 sq ft (390,000 m2), with
2,500,000 sq ft (232,000 m2) available as retail space.[4]"

"Although the common areas are unheated, the individual stores do have
heating systems. [3]"

Note that the sources for those statements are listed.

Well, then there you have it. Just as I suspected. That'a a far cry
from the posted claim:

"Mall of America in Minnesota has no central heating plant. There is
spot heating in a few areas, such as the entrance, but the main mall,
located in the frozen land of Minnesota, doesn't require any help
other than solar and body heat of shoppers, to maintain comfort in
gigantic spaces with sky-high ceilings. "

If Wikipedia is correct, then the overwhelming source of heat for the
mall is the individual heating systems in the stores.