Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Storing furniture in unheated space, cold weather

wrote in message
m...
I've not done this before, so am concerned. Midwest, unheated but dry
storage area. A few pieces of good, wood furniture. Am wondering about
potential for damage just from continued cold and assuming it remains
fairly dry. The storage area is secure, so no leaky roof or puddles.

I thought the same thing, and filled a big unit until our house was
completed. It rained a couple of times, and it was SO well sealed that the
condensation wreaked havoc inside. No leaking, just changes in humidity.

I'd wrap items very loosely to protect from dust, and put lots of coffee
cans of desiccant around. Maybe a heater on a timer, if the owner would
allow it, or even if there is an outlet in a storage compartment.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.