Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default new roof

In article ,
"pacca" wrote:

I need a new roof, just wondering if this a good time to to replace a roof,
I live in Wisconsin the weather is starting to get cold, I'm thinking the
shingles wont seal very good because of the cold, it would have to be a tear
off because this is the second layer of shingles, or should just wait until
next spring, we had some very high winds and lost some shingles, this roof
has been on 26 yrs. ?? Thanks

Wisconsin, where I grew up, is a big state. It ain't as cold as it used
to be, but there's still a big difference between Madison and Eau
Claire. Where I lived, we had snow by now, and it lasted all winter back
then. Not so anymore. Microclimate matters. Consult a local roofer and a
weather forecast for your area.