Posted to alt.home.repair

Default kerosene heater?

Be grateful that he wasn't selling you "horse hung, add three inches".
You'd have had to get someone three towns away to hold your urethra so
you could hang a leak.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:31:46 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

Your best bet to save fuel is to insulate your house, seal up your
windows, install storm doors, and turn your thermostat down. Safer,
cleaner, easier, and more bag for your buck.

I get a laugh out of people like you. As if we dont all know this
stuff by now.

How about this. Everytime I'm told to insulate and save energy I do
it.

In the past 10 years I added so much insulation that I only have about
25 square feet left to live in. This house was originally 1800 square
feet. I added storm windows and more and more windows. I can no
longer see the windows. I added weather stripping to the doors, I
cant find the doors anymore. I turned off all lights and used smaller
and smaller bulbs, and I can no longer see my dinner when I eat. I
turned down my thermostat, from 70 to 60, then 50, then 40, 30, 20,
and it would not go any lower, so I just shut off the furnace. Three
days later I died from freezing. It took the coroner's office 5 days
to cut thru all the insulation to get my body out of the house.