Posted to alt.home.repair
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Suggestions for a decent shop bench grinder

On 2010-10-28, notbob wrote:

Baldor

Better yet, buy a Baldor 3" vert belt sander. You'll use it more and
on more different applications. We called ours the Mexican milling
machine. If you still need a grinder for some obscure reason, jes get
a cheapy from HF. It can gather cobwebs while you work the crap outta
the belt sander.

Obscure reason??!!

I agree you can do a lot of nice stuff on a belt, but an 8" coarse wheel on
a pedestal lets you do the **** work, and spare the belt -- grinding down
screw heads, welds, chamfering 1/8 HRS, etc.

I've had the same 8" coarse wheel for over 10 years! I go through belts
like paper towels.

Baldor is too high-end for the OP, unless he really is insistent on that 30
years thing.

--
EA

nb