Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drawer issue

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:30:13 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Oct 27, 9:39*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 27, 9:04*am, Robatoy wrote:

On Oct 26, 11:32*pm, Faram wrote:

I made 2 pine drawer for my kids bedroom, each one has 3 doors. When I
tried to install the slide for the doors, I realize that I do not have
space between doors and side of drawer to install the slides. Is there
any solution *for this problem?

Post some pictures on a free hosting site, and then post the links
here so we can see exactly what's going on.

If the drawer slides are to be side-mounted onto the gables, you can
buy stand-offs to do that job, creating enough offset to clear most
doors. A cleat/block of wood will also work.

Gables? *This word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

The 'side panels' of a cabinet are referred to as 'gables' around
these parts.... by the pros...G

I didn't know that hookers critiqued cabinetry. Wow, ya learn
something new every day.

--
Most people assume the fights are going to be the left versus the right,
but it always is the reasonable versus the jerks.