Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Sorta On Topic - Vice Needs...

No, not that kind of vice. I don't really drink, smoke or... well... Never
mind. Let's just get to the point here.

This is the wood vice I have now. It works great except that sometimes I
need to hold a part in it that requires the "jaws" to be taller.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Wood-Vise-6-/G8966

What happens is that the part hits the guide rods and screw mechanism at the
bottom of the jaws and I can't properly hold the part.

Does anyone know where I can get a wood vice with "taller" jaws?

Otherwise, I may just make my own...

Thank you for any help you can offer.

If it matters, I already have a large metalworker's vice/anvil thing set-up.
This one is used for smaller, more delicate work - mostly assembling brass
fittings and pneumatic controls for the machines I sell.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244