Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

I note that O'Donnell has joined Palin in being so opposed to
activist Supreme Court Decisions but being unable to name a single one.
When they start this, they need to be called out.

Interesting since the poster child for that one is probably Roe V Wade.
If you actually read the opinion, you will note that much of that is
based on a woman's right to privacy, which even the majority notes
doesn't exactly exist in the Consitution though they were able to fin
dthe penumbra (a body of rights held to be guaranteed by implication in
a civil constitution) of a right to privacy.
However, having noted that, I also note that activist decisions are
only invoked by either philosophy when the Courts find against the
speakers ideals.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke