Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

"DGDevin" wrote in message
"HeyBub" wrote in message

By that logic, an airliner that crashed when it came in for landing
had a pretty good flight considering that nothing went wrong until
right at the end.

It was a good flight until the terrorists burst into the cockpit and
drove the plane into the ditch. And yeah, I'd give the keys to the plane
back to the proven pilots - but I'd strengthen the cockpit door.

Except there were no terrorists on this flight, there was an executive
with a rubber-stamp Congress that did what it was told, and a Veep who
said to the Treasury Sec. that Reagan had proved deficits don't matter (so
doubling the federal debt wasn't going to be a problem). Maybe one day
some apologist for the Repubs will explain why deficits under a Republican
admin don't matter but the ones the Dems are in charge of are horrific,
not to mention how the invasion of Iraq will pay for itself, and where
those pesky WMDs got to and so on.

That's an interesting point about Iraq. Remember how all that oil revenue
was going to make the war as cheap as a trip to Wendy's? And the war was
going to be over in 6-8 months, according to the lunatic Rumsfeld.