Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Suggestions for a decent shop bench grinder

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 02:14:15 +0000 (UTC), Mel Knight
wrote:

I'm in my early twenties and I've already learned it's best, when it
comes to tools, to get the right tool, which will last you thirty years.

I don't want to buy more than one bench grinder.

I can find a bunch on Harbor Freight and at Sears and Home Depot, etc.,
but I don't know WHAT to look for.

Any suggestions?

I'm sure you'll ask WHAT I need to do with it. What I need right now it
so shape some Delrin and HDPE plastic but in the future, it would be used
for regular home use - whatever purpose that would be (metal, wood,
plastic).

Any pointers as to either WHERE to get the best price best bench grinder,
or what size or wheels to get? (Seems like that buffing wheel would be
useless but maybe it has a use; otherwise I'd just get two different grit
stones).

The de-industrialization of the U.S. has put a lot of pedestal
grinders out of work. You may pick up a heavy duty used one
at places like this:

http://www.maynards.com/index.php?se..._type=template