Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default fitting toilet with concealed connection

On Oct 28, 9:29 am, sm_jamieson wrote:
On 27 Oct, 17:14, NoSpam wrote:

sm_jamieson wrote:
I will soon have to fit a back-to-wall toilet pan where the connection
is straight into the floor and completely concealed by the pan
surround when pushed back to the wall.
What is the trick to get the pan connector onto the spigot and down
into the soil pipe connection whilst the thing is getting closer and
closer to the wall? Seems it would be a bit tricky to me.
Its also got the L shaped brackets that are bolted from the side.
Oh what fun !
Simon.

I got a piece of metal strip and cut it so that it formed a collar
around the connector, joined at the top with a bolt. From here a second
piece went back to the wall. Very quick to make and guarantees that the
connector stays in place as you push back or pull forward (for when you
need to remove the loo for some reason).

Dave

Now thats a good idea. Fix the connector in place by some means so its
like a fixed pipe coming out of a wall.
I'll do something like that.
Cheers,
Simon.

that's how those "back to the wall bog" mounting frames get around the
same issue - fix the positionof the flush and waste pipe connectors..

Jim K