Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton Mathew Newton is offline

Default Immersion heater switch that switches itstelf off after 1 hour?

On 26 Oct, 17:40, Roger Mills wrote:
On 26/10/2010 16:34, george [dicegeorge] wrote:

How can one tell when the water is at full heat temperature?

I just had a bath after having it on for about 40 minutes but it wasn't
hot enough, after a while the hot tap became cold...

Feel the cylinder - it should be hot all the way down.

....Although the effectiveness of this technique does depend on the
cylinder. Our sealed cylinder is so well insulated that there is no
discernible difference between top and bottom; certainly not enough to
work out the relative proportion of hot to cold.

Mathew