Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Suggestions for a decent shop bench grinder

In article ,
Mel Knight wrote:

I'm in my early twenties and I've already learned it's best, when it
comes to tools, to get the right tool, which will last you thirty years.

I don't want to buy more than one bench grinder.

I can find a bunch on Harbor Freight and at Sears and Home Depot, etc.,
but I don't know WHAT to look for.

Paragraph three completely contradicts paragraph one. I think Baldor
still makes the best grinders.

Agree that pedestal mounting offers the best access. You may not want to
buy more than one, but you might be better off with two or three at the
same time, with different wheels on them.