Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

On 10/27/2010 9:10 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Your ignorance is astounding.

His? Pony up a response instead of just snipping his entire argument.

I'm astounded at how those on the right know so much on faith. They have
such faith in their own beliefs that they can not accept that they could
be wrong. It's a fantasy world they live in and they are so convinced
that everyone who thinks differently than they do just has to be wrong.

Tax cuts never pay for themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economi...ministrati on

The tax cuts have been largely opposed by American economists, including
the Bush administration's own Economic Advisement Council.[10] In 2003,
450 economists, including ten Nobel Prize laureate, signed the
Economists' statement opposing the Bush tax cuts, sent to President Bush
stating that "these tax cuts will worsen the long-term budget outlook...
will reduce the capacity of the government to finance Social Security
and Medicare benefits as well as investments in schools, health,
infrastructure, and basic research... [and] generate further
inequalities in after-tax income."[11]

The Bush administration has claimed, based on the concept of the Laffer
Curve, that the tax cuts actually paid for the themselves by generating
enough extra revenue from additional economic growth to offset the lower
taxation rates. However, income tax revenues in dollar terms did not
regain their FY 2000 peak until 2006. Through the end of 2008, total
federal tax revenues relative to GDP have yet to regain their 2000 peak.[12]

In contrast to the claims made by Bush, Cheney, and Republican
presidential primary candidates such as Rudy Giuliani, there is a broad
consensus among even conservative economists (including current and
former top economists of the Bush Administration such as Greg Mankiw)
that the tax cuts have had a substantial net negative impact on revenues
(i.e., revenues would have been substantially higher if the tax cuts had
not taken place), even taking into account any stimulative effect the
tax cuts may have had and any resulting revenue feedback effects.[13]

Subtract out the W tax cuts and the costs of the two wars and wouldn't
have the deficit we have now. Subtract out W's policy of letting the
markets and big business do whatever was in their immediate best
interest and we wouldn't have a fiscal crisis.

Now, here is how I feel about this. Either actually come up with some
argument based on something other that your blind belief and supported
by nothing more that your saying it is so, or resign yourself to being
referred to as "Storm'n Moron".

Your call.
Jeff