Posted to alt.home.repair
CK Lumbernickle CK Lumbernickle is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

"Oren" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:47:33 -0400, "CK Lumbernickle"
wrote:

By Fannie & Freddie, you mean the American Dream Down Payment Act of
2003?
The previous administration pushed the envelope with their brainstorm. It
was working rather well, until American Dream Down Payment Act of 2003.
Tell us again who controlled everything then.

What I mean?

" Frank stated, "These two entities...are not facing any kind of
financial crisis.... "

Now I did make a lot of money on paper. But I got out before the
bubble broke. Took my many and run as fast as I could.

That Barney? The same one that opposed accounting scandals? Yep that
was him.

You just proved my point, and didn't even realize it.

Frank said that in Sept of 2003. Kathy Harris was the credited by Bush for
being the architect of the American Dream Down Payment in Dec 2003.

As I said, everything was chugging along just fine, until the previous
administration pushed the envelope with the Act of Dec 2003.

Those are facts. Put the blame at the feet of the party responsible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPSDnGMzIdo

It was 109th Congress (Republican majority) , when the bill was introduced.
It then went to the
Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs on Jul 28, 2005.

Republicans were the majority in the committee by 2 members. It was
Republican Santorum which proposed the amendments.

The bill was killed technically by Republicans. It is now bill S1100. Which
was read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and
Urban Affairs on Apr 12, 2007:

Meanwhile. Democrats sponsored H.R. 1427. It has gone through the steps,
and awaiting voting in the Senate.
Introduced March 9, 2007 , Scheduled for Debate March 29, 2007, Amendments,
and passed the House.

Bill is now dead.

Of course it was Bush, along with McCain who wanted this deregulation to
begin with. Bush took credit for it in 2003.