Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default kerosene heater?

On 2010-10-27, Tom wrote:
I'm interested in max cost savings for heating. Why is it that hardly nobody
seems to be using kerosene heaters anymore?

For the simple reason that kerosene has become absurdly impractical,
economically.

I used to have a kerosene space heater. Worked great. Many friends
up in the hills had Alladin kerosene lamps. This was when grade B
kerosene was only $1.80 gal. Grade A, only a bit more.

Last time I saw kerosene, it was on sale at the local feed and grain
store. It was $8.00 gal!! Who the hell can afford that? A little
later, I tried selling a near new 24,000 btu kerosene htr. It cost
about $150 new. I couldn't sell it for $30. Ended up tossing it. No
place I currently know sells kerosene htrs. Why bother?

nb