Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

In article ,
wrote:
e deficits. All in two years.
You'd rather have skyrocketing unemployment, no health care, no auto
makers, and no banks - all in 6 months????????? And still have the
trade deficits and unfathomable debt (to China)??

We still have no healthcare, the automakers are still on shaky
ground (GM paid back the much of the first loan, much of the second
converted to stock that they will never have to pay off, just the
government sell if it can, while the banks are still there but not
lending anything of any real interest--although in fairness that is
mostly the independent Fed's concern).
In fact, healthcare is probably the single drag on the economy now
because nobody knows for sure what that is going to look like because so
much is being written as regulation. Healthcare is part of the cost
associated with employment, as long as no one can know for sure what
that employee is going to cost them, they are only going to hire a few
people.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke