Posted to alt.home.repair
CK Lumbernickle CK Lumbernickle is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 08:40:13 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

On 10/26/2010 8:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

Somehow in a society where you live, Utah, a man having to lay off his
own
son is a sign of terrible times ahead. In an area of the country where
employers stack their roles with employees, some of which do absolutely
nothing, it is scary that they would let one of their own go. I guess he
chose his son over his Mom, Dad, and wives, and just had to cut someone.
In
most areas, they cut an unproductive worker.

Steve
http://www.exmormon.org/

In a "family business" - in many cases literally a "mom and pop" - the
som may very well have been the ONLY employee.

Ever think of that??? We are not talking big business here, that could
support "featherbedding" the kid, even in good times.

And the son very well could BE the PROBLEM of no business. Ever think of
that?