Posted to uk.d-i-y
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Immersion heater switch that switches itstelf off after 1 hour?

"ARWadsworth" wrote in
:

Yes - thank you. SM TGBT4 looks like it does what I need it to. I'd
like to find something cheaper if poss. Sorry to be such a skinflint.
It juat needs to keep the heater on for one hour.

Al

Unless you own a cotton plantation with a couple of spare black slaves
then the electronic timer is the cheapest way to do the one hour
timer.

I came up with a cheaper way!! I bought one of those 1-hour clockwork
kitchen timers for £3. Now, I switch the immersion heater and set the timer
simultaneously. In 1 hour, the timer starts ringing. I immediately go and
switch the heater off and take my shower. I anticipate that this routine
should be even better than the electrinic timer, because of the addition of
the ringing bell, advising me that the water has been heated. We'll see how
it works in practice.....

Al