Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie[_3_] Tim Downie[_3_] is offline

Default Getting hot water from shower to actually be hot

"jgharston" wrote in message
Gib Bogle wrote:
Possibly the pressure in the hot system is too low. We had a new cylinder
installed recently and at first the pressure was too low - hot water in
the

There's no cylinder, that's what's annoying. I'm used to a
cylinder with 25 gallons of hot water sitting there waiting
for me to use it at any time, not waiting for a boiler to
suddenly wake up and desperately try to heat the water
as it rushes past it.

basins, but the shower mixer dropped the flow right down. The plumber came
back
and cranked up the pressure reducing valve (whatever it's called), and now
it's
fine.

That might do it. I'll have a chat with the landlord (or see
if I can find it myself).

Are you in Scotland by any chance? It's possible that there's been a
thermostatic mixing valve installed somewhere (that pre-dates the present
shower control valve) that's restricting maximum HW temp.

Tim