Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default proper oil in carriage of lathe

On Oct 26, 3:38*pm, al wrote:
I just received on old 10in logan lathe. I found the lub diagram but I'm
not sure what kind of lube to use. There is a sticker on the carriage
that says 10w. I have way oil for everything else.

Can I use hydraulic jack oil where is says 10w?

Al

Scott Logan has said, more than once, that he uses Vactra way oil for
EVERYTHING except variable speed drives. I think, when it comes to how
to lube a Logan lathe, I'd follow his advice.

You ought to subscribe to the yahoo group "lathe-list" which is
moderated by Scott Logan. If you search the archives there, you'll
find his posts about using Vactra.