Posted to uk.d-i-y
jgharston jgharston is offline

Default Getting hot water from shower to actually be hot

Gib Bogle wrote:
I don't follow you, sweetheart. *We had low pressure at all the hot taps, good
pressure on the cold. *After adjustment of the diaphragm thingie on the hw
cylinder inlet, we now have good pressure on all hot taps. *OK darling?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly sweetie, I *don't* have a hot water cylinder, hot
water is supplied on demand by being heated as the cold
water flows through the boiler. If it flows flowly enough to
be heated to a useful temparture, it's flowing too slowly
for a decent shower. If it's flowing fast enough for a decent
shower, it's flowing through the boiler too fast for it to be
heated up, escpecially now that the cold supply arrives
at 8 degrees since the snow stared. This is why I hate
non-stored hot water systems.

JGH