Posted to uk.d-i-y
jgharston jgharston is offline

Default Getting hot water from shower to actually be hot

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
It seems to be designed for either low or high pressure systems. Assuming
yours is high pressure being a combi perhaps the cold flow is too great
for the mixer to compensate for? You could prove that quite easily by
cutting it down on the main stop cock.

Yes, that heats it up. However, it also cuts the flow (!)
just as I've always experienced with non-stored systems.
You throw away water flow in exchange for heat, and the
cross-over point is always too crap for either.

It just manages to get up to 44 degrees with water running
out at a trickle. Proper decent pressure gives a temperature
of 35 degrees, brrrr!!!!

Just after the stop-tap there's an inline connector with a
nut on the side that I've never seen before, looks a bit like
this: http://plumbworld.co.uk/compression-...check-222-3991

This is a new-build house in Aberdeenshire, it's about 18
months old.

JGH