Posted to uk.d-i-y
jgharston jgharston is offline

Default Getting hot water from shower to actually be hot

Gib Bogle wrote:
Possibly the pressure in the hot system is too low. *We had a new cylinder
installed recently and at first the pressure was too low - hot water in the

There's no cylinder, that's what's annoying. I'm used to a
cylinder with 25 gallons of hot water sitting there waiting
for me to use it at any time, not waiting for a boiler to
suddenly wake up and desperately try to heat the water
as it rushes past it.

basins, but the shower mixer dropped the flow right down. *The plumber came back
and cranked up the pressure reducing valve (whatever it's called), and now it's
fine.

That might do it. I'll have a chat with the landlord (or see
if I can find it myself).

JGH