Posted to uk.d-i-y
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Immersion heater switch that switches itstelf off after 1 hour?

The Wanderer wrote in
:

I'd like to find a wall switch for my immersion heater - one that
automatically switches off, about one hour after it was switched on.
Has anyone sean such an item for sale anywhere?

Depends what you *actually* want it for and how much you're prepared
to pay. Several others have given urls for 'one shot' timers. If
you're on E7 then you should look for an E7 timer.

These give you an automatic setting for the cheap rate with a one or
two hour auto or manual boost.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HOELEC7.html
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...nn/Electronic7.
pdf

Thanks - that's interesting, however I'm not on Economy 7. I need the thing
to work at any hour of the day or night.

Al