Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeffrey Angus Jeffrey Angus is offline

Default Smoke detector testing

On 10/26/2010 10:34 AM, klem kedidelhopper wrote:
I don't mind donating my time however buying
the equipment which is needed to reach these detectors in the
sanctuaries in both buildings will cost me over 400.00

Go to a paint store or Home Depot and get a painter's extension
pole. And a 4-6" strap hinge. Duct tape the can near the top of
the pole along with the hinge so it lays over the push button on
the can, use a string to pull the hinge and push the button.

Make believe you're tagging your favorite freeway over pass.

Jeff