Posted to rec.woodworking
Rich Rich is offline

Default HF Multitool - Another reason I didn't know I needed one

RonB wrote:

Broke down a month or two ago and bought their top of line multi-tool
with no clear reason why I needed it. It is the kind of tool that you
find good reasons for owning, as I have discovered several times since
purchase.

We are building a garden shed with a 1' overhang and hand-cut
rafters. I started boxing in the eves today. When I sighted down the
horizontal row of rafters I noticed the dufis who cut them (me) had
one hanging about 1/2" lower than the others. Moreover it cut was at
an angle. I could see myself standing on my head on the ladder trying
to cut it off with a hand saw. Then the light went on. Marked the cut
line and ran the tools narrow wood blade into the side of the rafter a
few times. In little more than one minute the wedge shaped chunk was
laying on the ground.

Also used it to trim the sheet siding on one end where it overhung the
adjoining side by about 1/4".

Love it.

RonB

I use mine everyday. Then again I'm in a business where I usually find good
uses for it. As time goes by you will find more and more uses for it.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring