Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default .22 scope adjustments

On 2010-10-25, Steve W. wrote:
Ignoramus10132 wrote:
As far as vertical goes, I usually try to adjust the scope, so that
when I aim 1.5 inch above the target, I hit the target. This is so
because the scope is 1.5 inches above the rifle bore.

Good way to make sure you miss a lot...

You adjust the cross hairs to be ON target at the distance you are
shooting at. You you have to adjust the point of aim to match the
location along the arc of the bullet at the distance you will be
shooting at. There are VERY few rounds that shoot "flat" .22 isn't one
of them.

I am usually shooting at 10m distance. I had a lot of luck with this
method of adjustment, with my air rifle. I once made 5 shots and his 4
squirrels, 3 of which died instantly.

What you say, makes a lot more sense at greater distances, like 50m or
100m.

Did you eat their meat and tan their pelts?

Thanks,
Rich