Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default tesco npower spiral CFL bulbs

On 26 Oct, 15:48, sm_jamieson wrote:
Tesco had some npower / gov sponsored CFL bulbs for 20p each. I am
relectantly starting to use some. Wattages of 11, 15 and 20 all the
same price. I got 20 of the 20W bulbs. May be crap, but should be
bright enough. Surely can't be bad at that price ?
Simon.

At the other end of the spectrum, I bought an 11W Megaman golfball CFL
- and I'm amazed at how close to a standard 60W filament pearl lamp it
is.

Other than taking a few seconds to come up to brightness, I really
cannot tell the difference - and this is close-up in an anglepoise
reading light.