Posted to uk.d-i-y
george [dicegeorge] george [dicegeorge] is offline

Default Immersion heater switch that switches itstelf off after 1 hour?

On 26/10/10 10:02, John wrote:
"The wrote in message
.. .
On 25 Oct 2010 22:15:18 GMT, AL_n wrote:

I'd like to find a wall switch for my immersion heater - one that
automatically switches off, about one hour after it was switched on. Has
anyone sean such an item for sale anywhere?

Depends what you *actually* want it for and how much you're prepared to
pay. Several others have given urls for 'one shot' timers. If you're on E7
then you should look for an E7 timer.

These give you an automatic setting for the cheap rate with a one or two
hour auto or manual boost.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HOELEC7.html
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...lectronic7.pdf

--
The Wanderer

Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.

Check that the thermostat is set sensibly. Often people try to control the
temp with time - when it is often a symptom that the thermostat needs
turning down.

How can one tell when the water is at full heat temperature?

I just had a bath after having it on for about 40 minutes but it wasn't
hot enough, after a while the hot tap became cold...

[g]