Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_12_] Josepi[_12_] is offline

Default cabinet shelves options

I did all the cross blocking in my outside, insulated, vapour barriered
wall. Think I even used 2x12?? The installer put his screws in the studs
anyway. I guess I needed to be more knowledgable about cabinet hanging
heights or better yet, do it myself...yes that would have avoided some of
the turmoil and possible legal...well never mind...hazard of having some
knowledge.

"Swingman" wrote in message
Bill, there is no exposed end grain in cabinet blocking ... the 2 x 4,
or 2 x 6 cabinet blocking is fitted in between the studs, similar to
fire stop blocking in stud walls, except with the wide face out.

On 10/25/2010 8:28 PM, Bill wrote:
If you had not suggested it, I might have worried about the end grain
holding the screws in your blocking boards.