Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Any additional tips/suggestions/hints for dispensing gasolinefrom 30-55 gallon drum at home?

Harold Lathom wrote:
On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 08:41:59 -0500, dpb wrote:
For the volume you're talking
about, you'll have no luck getting home delivery

Home delivery of 55 gallons of fuel does seem to be problematic.

I'm still finding cheaper alternatives for the equipment, e.g.,
http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/ma...-barrel/drums-
pails/closed-open-head-steel-drums-pails

But, I haven't yet found a fuel supplier.

And I'd say it's unlikely you'll find one. 55 gal isn't a "bulk" sale
to distributors and they're not going to waste their time. Farm
deliveries here are now 500 gal minimum excepting for some existing
long-term customers that are on routes that can cover going elsewhere.
I can still get 250 gal but not except when they're heading by to/from
one of the neighbors; they won't come out just for me any longer.