Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default New Woodworking Show / Public TV / Tommy Mac

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
On 10/25/10 12:23 PM, Kimosabe wrote:
Boston's public TV station, WGBH, is going to start a new show. With
enough interest, other PBS stations should pick it up.

http://www.wgbh.org/programs/episode...eatureid=20742

Rough Cut—Woodworking with Tommy Mac
The series invites viewers into the workshop of Boston native and fine
furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, a graduate of the famed Boston-based
North Bennet Street School.

Thirteen innovative episodes follow Tommy as he travels to historical
New England landmarks to gain design inspiration, then returns to his
workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques it takes to create
comprehensive woodworking projects

It actually started about three weeks ago on WGBH, Tommy seems to need a
bit more coaching in how to present the material, for the most part it is
pretty dry, and I find I am losing interest.

Not unlike the New Yankee Workshop when that started... though perhaps at a
higher skill level.

John