Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Improvements help please (Speedups?)

Fundamental Thompson Rule... learned the hard way:

"If Spice struggles to find convergence you have a bad design" :-)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 02:21:05 -0700, Robert Baer
wrote:

I dumped excess stuff for the sort term and set a time as short as
possible but still see step response to settling.
The 555 oscillator is "steady state" around 0.18mSec, so i start my
pulse at 0.2mSec; the output then is stable around 0.45mSec so my pulse
reverts at 0.5mSec; the result settling around 0.9mSec.
It still takes a while to run - simulator runs about 20uSec/second to
generate data.
I would like this to run perhaps 10 times faster so that i can do a
full schematic over a 100mSec or longer period of time - without having
to wait days.
Help?
What i have now:

Version 4