Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default What is best trim for H7ICT hi-hat and BR-30 bulbs?

I recently installled some HALO H7ICT 6" hi-hats in a kitchen reno,
and now I need to buy the baffles.The bulbs will be 65w BR-30. I
tested out a 310 baffle, and although it looked nice, you can still
see some of interior metal of the hi-hat if you look up. Not that
anyone would look up and notice, but I was wondering if this was
normal.
They also have a 312 baffle which they claim has a smaller opening. I
have not seen those yet, but I was wondering what does everyone else
use?

I have also used the 310WATH baffles ( air tite) in another job,
which look great, but this is not an air-tite application, not to
mention they are a lot more expensive.