Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Ping Arfa (was Another reason to hate CFLs ...

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 13:30:20 -0500, Jeffrey Angus wrote:

On 10/24/2010 1:23 PM, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:54:24 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2eqh6vp
GE hybrid CFL

Bad, bad idea. That halogen bulb is not going to last very long.

Who asked you?

You don't have to ask him, just put anything out where he can find it.

As to the hybrid lamp, probably a good idea if it was designed as a
"transition" to give light while a slower (more efficient?) CFL comes up
to full brilliance.

Otherwise it may just be another product for a need we never knew we
had.

Jeff

Yes it's a transition thing. Halogen immediately and then supposedly a
smooth transition to CFL. I would assume if designed correctly and decent
quality parts used that it should suffer no quicker death than a
traditional CFL.