Posted to rec.woodworking

Default cabinet shelves options

On Oct 24, 10:11*am, Robatoy wrote:

And pilaster strips, Robert? Really? Maybe in a heavy-weight
commercial library...but man, I dislike those things immensely.

It may be a question of taste. I like them inletted into the wood,
not surface mounted. I like them painted the color of the cabinet.
And since most of the adjustable cabinets are made to be used as such,
the always seem to be full. I really don't notice the strips when the
cabinets are loaded up.

On the other hand... I cannot stand those little shelf nubs that
wallow out the holes on shelving and cause them to get loose or
mushroom around the hole itself. Some don't get past a few
adjustments. I blame this mainly on the side material and impatient
people yanking too hard to move them.

I only use the pilasters that are inlet into the sides that use the
little clips. I don't like the ones that you see on the back at all,
and I hate those awful looking 6", 8", and 12" arms that used to be
used. Those were ugly when they were the rage in the 80s.

Robert