Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default grr-ripper opinions

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:38:04 -0600, "Max"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 08:30:39 -0600, "Max"
wrote:

"Max" wrote in message
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...
In article ,
says...

Bull**** and you know it.
But go on and keep arguing if it boosts your self esteem.

Why are you so determined to pick a fight over this? Did somebody
steal
your life or something?

Gentlemen, gentlemen!!
Check this book out at your library and read just the first chapter.

OK, I'm game. Why just the first chapter?

You didn't answer this one.

MUCH better this time, Maxxy.

I'm on my second Kindle. Saves trips to the library. I have on occasion
watched Nova, Nat'l Geo, Discovery, and, if I'm particularly bored, I'll
watch part of a football game.

It's a bit more expensive than the library, but I'm sure it saves lots
of time and hassles. They put a self-check scanner in our local
branch so I can be in and out of there, dropping off books and
grabbing another armful, in 5 minutes. But they're only open about 20
hours/week. Kindle has WIFI, eh?

I watched Faux news once and it scared me.

I'm glad I'd swallowed my tea before reading that line, ya wuss.

Maxie. (but only to friends)

Rightio!

--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,
hoping it will eat him last.

Ah, the first chapter only question. It occurs to me that the individuals
involved aren't the sort who might be willing to slog through the rest of
the
tome. (interesting how closely the spelling is to "tomb".)
But they need only the first chapter to discover that semantics often
determine one's whole way of thinking and that disagreements often arise
when someone has not the lexical dexterity to phrase his/her opinion
precisely as required for clear understanding or the recipient of an opinion
lacks the vocabulary to accurately interpret what was intended.
On the other hand, one or the other of the fine gentlemen might be a bit of
a pedant.
Or maybe someone ****ed in their Cheerios.

Max